Sunday, April 15, 2012

Validity: Draft #2 Under Heavy Revision

More editing was done today. I took chunks from the middle, beginning, end all at random and started reconstructing an entirely new draft. I'm about almost 20k words into it and up to Chapter Seven. This will easily be 90,000 words if not longer. It is a trilogy though, so I dont want to drag out the story to the point where someone is like "Whats the point of Book #2?" 

It is flowing much better. I don't find myself staring at this thing going "what am I going to do here?" Instead I have a clear picture. It's like a train on the tracks, only this train is a 400mph bullet train that is whizzing through each station.

I plan on having this done by the end of the month and then it will be edited, fluffed where needed and May 1st I plan to send it out to agencies and a few publishers. 


The only hint I can give so far is it is a Dystopian. Before you go all "Oooh Hunger Games" on me, listen here: 
Dystopians have been around far much longer than Hunger Games. I'm talking since the days of Orson W. They are essentially sci-fi's, though some people don't realize this much. Fahrenheit 451...yeah that was a Dystopian.

From my vast knowledge of reading Sci-Fi and Dystopian-based novels, I'm pleased that this one is turning out to be quite unique. Funny thing is I cannot decide on the ending I would prefer to use. Sure I can go cliche, which I'm afraid a publisher would want or I can totally throw it for a loop. That has yet to be decided.  I think I will let the story flow the way it flows and the ending I will come to decide when I reach Part III of the book. Until then...it's as just as much of a mystery to me as it is to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment