Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yet Another Work from Home Reality - Starting the Day Off Wrong


Today was one of those days that make me dread the fact I work from home. Not because I really hate working at home, but because I hate how at-home issues make me not want to work that day.

I woke up at 5:00am ready to hit the keyboard and make some money. I have tons of writing work piled up -- and it's not going to go anywhere today that's for sure. I go to my trusty Keurig and pop in a pod, pull out my favorite International Delight Heath Bar coffee creamer and hear the Keurig doing it's usual loud sputter. I go to scoop up my steaming mug and sneak into the bedroom to start work and...wait? No coffee? There was nothing but a few piddly drops at the bottom of my mug! I tried every troubleshooting trick in the book  and finally came to the conclusion (sadly might I add) that my precious Keurig was dead. We had a good (almost) two years together, but, why for the love of all things could you not break the day before! You brew one cup at a time and you can't break the day before so I have a warning?!



I waited for the kiddo to wake up and we went to purchase a new coffee maker. This month freelance writing has been slow -- my fault, not the job -- so I couldn't afford to buy another Keurig. I went with a Mr. Coffee "gourmet" brewer -- there's nothing gourmet to that once you've had a taste of the good stuff (by that I mean Keurig).

But, my day doesn't end there. My blog was hacked (my couponing blog), so I went to change servers and HostGator rips me off! They send me an invoice for one amount, I use PayPal and suddenly they add $11 out of nowhere! Then when I demand a refund and ask to cancel (I'm not doing business with people who cannot charge what they say they're going to charge) they say they need to verify my credit card. Excuse me? What credit card? I used PayPal! that's the point -- so I don't need a credit card to deal with you.

So I'm going to say HostGator is a wash for getting my money back. My couponing blog is done and here I am struggling to want to work from home today.

But...there is a little light at the end of this crappy work at home day!

I've decided the blog being hacked was a good thing. I didn't want to give up on that blog, but it was more work than it was income. I enjoy writing and teaching people through my writing, not posting deals. So, off I go to really get back into this blog -- the one I always come back to.

While I doubt I'm going to work from home today, I am going to sit down and get some stuff figured out.

In the meantime, RIP to my precious Keurig. I sure will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment